Monday, January 10, 2011
Sheridan Pilot Training
Spaces are filling up fast! Our first pilot program, Building Leaders, has almost filled to capacity - have you and your studio secured your place yet?
Sheridan College and SheridanCorporate in partnership with the Computer Animation Studios of Ontario (CASO), have developed a series of groundbreaking day-long learning programs designed to deliver insights and skills in management leadership, entrepreneurship, employee training and pipeline efficiency within the animation, digital media and VFX industry.
As a result of our OMDC funding, Sheridan is pleased to offer animation, digital media and VFX professionals a one time opportunity to participate for free in this exciting pilot training before we launch this training to the community at large.
Spaces are still available in the following programs:
• Building Leaders: Leadership Skills Development (February 26 - April 30, 2011) Over the course of 5 separate days, participants will learn techniques and insights towards effective leadership, strong communication, building and managing high- performing teams and much more.
• Career Portfolios: Entrepreneurial Skills Development (May 14 - June 25, 2011) Over the course of 4 separate days, participants in this program will explore a variety of techniques designed to enhance their access to opportunities, contribute more effectively to the studio environment and, most importantly, increase their personal brand and influence in the industry.
• Employee Onboarding: Studio Training Development (Fall 2011) Over the course of 2 days, participants in this program will learn tried and true techniques for assessing new employee learning styles, setting up an effective training process and creating clear channels for feedback and communication, all with the intent to enable new hires to become successful contributors in new environments.
• Understanding the Pipeline Workflow (Fall 2011) Particpants in this one day program will explore the broader ecosystem of their industry, including how productions are brought to studios, the key stakeholders and influencers in the production process, as well as discuss current and future trends of the industry both locally and globally.
• Diagnosing the Pipeline Workflow (Fall 2011) Participants in this one day course will explore a variety of these techniques and their effective application to their own studio environments, with the intention of developing new methods of diagnosing and overcoming bottlenecks and issues within the pipeline and workflow.
We are looking for a broad range of professionals from the animation and VFX industry to participate in our pilot programming. Please note that enrollment in these exciting programs will be limited in each course on a first-come first-served basis. To find out how you or your staff can become involved, or for more information, please contact:
Ben McEvoy, Project Manager / Animation Learning Consultant email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org / 647.886.5236
© SheridanCorporate, 2010. All Rights Reserved. 1